Affordable communities management services by William Alce 2023: Who Needs a Property Manager? Several types of property owners can benefit from the services that property managers offer. Landlords, for example, hire property management firms for a variety of reasons. Some may have multiple rental properties in their portfolios and lack the time or expertise to maintain the properties and deal with individual tenants. Some owners only have an interest in owning rental properties and earning profits from them. When this is the case, they hire professional property managers. Absentee landlords also make use of property management services. Some property management companies cater to individual landlords who rent out a single property such as a vacation home. Read more info at William Obed Alce
William Alce, Georgia is a Senior Level Multisite Property Manager with 22+ years’ experience in asset and project management for conventional and affordable communities. Proven track record of using effective leadership experience to affect improved property performance through expense control, site control and resource optimization to consistently increase value for owners and investors.
– Comprehensive experience in improving physical assets and streamlining operations at ailing properties and reducing crime at affordable housing units, with experience managing budgets from $1.6M to $30M and overseeing accounts totaling $68M.
– Specialized in the formulation, implementation, and execution of comprehensive site control plans to reduce crime and improve property reputation and perception as well as enhance customer confidence, and loyalty. The derivative of which is positive community perception of the assets.
– Achieved REAC Scores of 92A-98B at Integral Property Management (IPM).
– Supervised, trained, and coordinated staff of 38 employees and 30+ contractors at IPM.
– Increased gross revenue at Columbia Group by 4% 1st Quarter post hire, and by 7% within 9 months.
– Improved occupancy rates at Riverstone Residential Group by 8% during the 1st quarter there, and by 6% at Ventron Management within six weeks.
– Grew ancillary revenue at Riverstone by 7% through successful negotiation of bad debts and cured 100% of rent abatements during the first two months of employment.
– Developed and implemented enhanced preventative maintenance program that reduced capital expenditures at Riverstone Residential Group by 12% and at Lynd by 7%.
– Created a 24% upsurge in total vacancy readiness at Ventron within 5 weeks, and a 7% rise in leased occupancy rates (to 99%) within 4 weeks.
– Boosted resident retention rates throughout all assets with an annual renewal rate of 78% at Lynd Properties and 88% at Riverstone Residential.
– Decreased delinquency at Ventron by 50% within 2 months, while increasing collections by 16%.
– Recognized as Most Improved Property: Lynd Company Affordable Housing Category Southeast Region (chosen from 68 properties), Top Performer: Ventron Properties 200+ Category (selected from 14 properties), and Rising Star: Columbia Property Group (chosen from 30 properties).
– Received Columbia Property Group CUP (Cool Under Pressure) Award, created in my honor (selected from 30 properties) and R. James Properties Highest Average Occupancy Award: (chosen from 25 properties).
– Computer proficiency includes Windows 11, Yardi Voyager, OneSite (RealPage), RentRoll, eSite, iCam, LRO, Yieldstar, Salesforce and Microsoft Office Packages.
– Exceed NOI expectations 12 months ahead of schedule at Columbia Residential. – Beat NOI year over year growth by 14% at Columbia Residential.
– Fulton County Law Enforcement Training Center – Marksman Award & Top Academic Student (Valedictorian) – Winner of Charles L. Edson Award for HUD Property Preservation 2020 (Amani Place).
– Winner Property of The Year – The Tower at Dorsey Manor
MEMBERSHIPS & ORGANIZATIONS & VOLUNTEER WORK
– Executive Member- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc. (Queens Alumni Chapter – (1996-1999); Sergeant-At-Arms & Keeper of the Exchequer (Chief Accounting Officer)
– Board Member- Marietta Police Athletic League (MPAL) 2007-2012
– Board Member- Franklin Rd. Weed & Seed Committee (US Department of Justice) 2007-2010 Committee Chair – 2008-2009
– Board Member – MERG (Meridian Educational Resource Group) (2018 – Present) Whitefoord Medical Centers (HERSA Certified) Whitefoord Early Learning Academy (WELA) (A Quality Rated childcare program). – Volunteer at the Center for Family Resources Center (2018 – Present) Committee Chair – 2008-2009
– Assistant Basketball Coach – South Cobb Recreation Center (7–9-year-olds). (2019-2020)
Property management is the daily oversight of residential, commercial, or industrial real estate by a third-party contractor. Generally, property managers take responsibility for day-to-day repairs and ongoing maintenance, security, and upkeep of properties. They usually work for the owners of investment properties such as apartment and condominium complexes, private home communities, shopping centers, and industrial parks.
Will Hiring Property Management Companies Benefit Me? There are plenty of investors who fully support the use of a property management company. However, there is no rule stating that anyone needs a property manager. While property management companies have several advantages, they are so costly. Therefore, plan on hiring a property manager if: You plan on acquiring multiple rental properties. The more rental properties one has in a portfolio, the more necessary property management firms become. You are not within proximity of your asset. If the rental property is far from where you live, it’s a good idea to hire a manager who can keep better tabs on it. You don’t want to actively manage the property. If you view the property as a source of passive income, you’ll need a property manager to take care of routine maintenance and daily operations.
Property managers will deal with these requests, alleviating you from the burden. If it is small, the requests may be handled internally. Larger and more complex issues may be delegated to outside specialists. Sophisticated property investors normally have a property management agreement that authorizes the company to handle up to a certain dollar amount of repairs without needing express permission first. This streamlines the process and ensures issues don’t get worse if you can’t be reached.